Erected in 1888-89, this building originally housed two shops.
The building is of a similar size and form to the square villas which were built as dwellings in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Over the years it has housed a jeweller’s shop, a photographer’s business, a sweetshop, a tea rooms, a milk bar and a café. Around 2000 it was converted back into two shops. The verandah is a later addition.
The building was originally entered through a small porch over a central door. Some original fabric and features have survived, including rusticated weatherboards and panelling below the windows to one side of the entrance.